News for MissionQuest signups, SNL, Graduation & more!
Questions on any of these events, Contact Tracy: email@example.com
-Current Tentative Plans (updates expected-please check back as social distancing adjustments arise!)
Graduation Sunday, June 13 – During the service on June 13th, we will share the pre-recorded video and photos of our 2021graduates! The service will also be available virtually, so you will be able to share with family and friends and view at a time that works for you!
MissionQuest, June 13 is deadline to signup for summer mission trips! Don’t miss out – see info below!
365 Give – Wednesday, June 23, 4-7pm, Mission Quest Canoe trip and clean up of the Huron River- See below.
Sunday Night Live – Sunday, June 27, 6-7pm (Tentative) Join us in the upper parking lot to walk to an off-site event – wear your sneakers and comfortable clothes for an active game that anyone can play! Wow, the sound of it makes me GAGA 😉 You must have an active permission/Release form to participate. For questions, contact Tracy.
MissionQuest Summer Info:
SUMMER youth missions Info Meeting Sunday, May 23rd: 3 summer mission opportunities for youth (grade 6-12) with parents, and young adults too! If you missed the meeting, but would like more details, contact Tracy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Signups begin NOW, deadline is June 13!
Scheduled Mission Trips:
– June 23, 4:00-7:00pm – Huron River 365 GIVE – For general information visit:365 River Clean- Volunteer Guide(cost expected to be $10/participant or $20/Canoe), you provide your own transportation, recommended for ages ages 16 and up. A shorter 1.5 hour trip, for youngers with parents or novice paddlers, is also an option!) To sign up NOW and reserve a canoe spot, email email@example.com with names of participants for 365 GIVE.
– July 15-17 – Motown Mission drop-in days (cost $150/participant, you provide your own food and transportation for covid safe youth & parent teams – or youth & age18+ family driver) To sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F084CAAA92BA4FA7-motown1
SINGLE day participation is an option too, for experienced mission participants.
– August 18-22 – God’s Country Cooperative Parish (Tentative) – Upper Peninsula youth and family travel mission trip! We are inviting young adults too!(Each family provides their own transportation, limited dorm lodging accommodations are available or families can arrange other area lodging. A kitchen is available for the group to prepare our own meals. Costs if registered by June 13 is $290.00 and includes food, lodging on site and mission project supplies. Later registrations are $300.00)
Want to earn MissionQuest hourly Credits (fund raising) toward your summer mission expenses now?
1. Gardening Help on The Path, contact Tracy for a custom date to do a project or ongoing maintenance of The Path!
2. CAR WASH Let’s schedule a fun car wash to help fund our summer missions! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to help organize this event!
3. Bottle Returns! Contact Tracy to schedule a bottle/can pickup time or collect from neighbors whenever it works for your schedule.
4. Sewing Ministry or other projects around the church! Did you know hobbies and chores could be an act of service? If you are interested in a project to help others, just contact Tracy at email@example.com to sign up or for more details.
Saturday in the D
Family mission opportunity (youth with parent or age 18+): Volunteer with our church to be in service in Detroit with partner organizations (Cass Social Svc, Brightmore, Motown, Noah, Rippling Hope, etc)! Social distancing will be practiced. Typical events run from 9am to 2pm. To express interest or sign up with parent email firstname.lastname@example.org or text/call: 734-718-2183 Next event; June 19th
PARENTS and YOUTH: If you have input or insights as we navigate youth schedules during Social distancing, contact Tracy at email@example.com!
Student Intern applications accepted – If you are interested in an internship at the church, please contact Tracy for all the information to apply and to learn about these opportunities to gain working experience and build your resume. We often have positions for Ministry, Administration, Building Maintenance, and Music!
Job Opportunities! FYI, we have leads on a summer babysitting job in Northville and a New Hudson food establishment that needs help NOW. Both are through people from our church. If you are interested in more information, contact Tracy and she can get you the scoop!
FLOCKNOTE! This is our new HighSchool texting service to replace the previously used “remind” program. Most students were signed up automatically if we had their number. If not, simply text 248-982-0513 with student name, grade and “cell number, and Tracy will sign you up! You can opt out at anytime!
PARENTS! Youth are required to have a FUMC permission form for ALL/ANY FUMC activities from Sept 2020 to Sept 2021. Just click on the link: ONLINE 2020 HEALTH & RELEASE FORM Instructions: Log in to our web portal. If you have never done this, you will need to click on the red link in lower right “Don’t have an account? Sign In”. If you have already established an account, log in and you will be directed to the form.