FUMC Young Adult Connector
Get PLUGGED IN with news about ministries, missions & more.
Prayers for the MSU Community continue! Our hearts ache, for families, students, responders, health care workers, and all impacted by the senseless violence of 2/11/23. If you are having difficulty processing this tragedy, please reach out to Tracy at 248-982-0513.
Cantata, April 2, 10am, our Palm Sunday Musical Worship experience!
PUB THEOLOGY, Tuesday, April 4, 7:00-8:0pm We meet on the first Tuesday of the month at a local establishment! – People have been gathering in pubs and public spaces for ages, talking about life, philosophy, faith, and deep questions of meaning. The format is simple: beverages, conversation, and God. We have begun rotating locations again! Each meeting location is provided to the email group – please sign up for details by contacting Tracy: email@example.com
College Connect has been at it again with the help of our youth! College students should check their home mail for something special from the church:)
Holy Week – Wednesday Stations of the Cross, Maundy Thursday service 7pm, Good Friday service 7pm.
Easter, April 9, Worship Services at 9:15am and 11:00am! Join us for a light breakfast between services in Fellowship Hall!
Mission Quest 2023, TIME TO REGISTER for summer mission trips! See below for dates and links for details and registration! If you need help funding one of our trips, contact Tracy for support.
YA 3rd TUESDAY, April 18, 7:00pm, This month young adults (age18+) meet at the home of the Reynolds for a POTLUCK, conversation prompts, and fellowship. Hope you can join us! Contact Tracy to sign up or for details, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Circle, Sundays at 9:15; A different way to do Sundays! Multi-gen Bible verse discussion -small group with Pablo Valencia; Currently being held in Fellowship Hall. Stay for worship at 10am, or call that church and depart spiritually fed into your week ahead!
Cantata, April 2, 10am, our Palm Sunday Musical Worship experience!
Easter, April 9, Worship Services at 9:15am and 11:00am! Hope you will join us!
— MORE Events/Opportunities —-
SCHOLARSHIPS! Did you know that just one application can be submitted for all the scholarships open through GBHEM? Visit the web page to learn more.
JOB opportunities – If you are looking for employment this summer and beyond, there are opportunities with our day care center and with our Mom’s Morning Out program! There are also opportunities at camps with the greater UMC. Contact Tracy for more information.
Environment/Ecology outreach survey for YOU, from our new FUMC Advocate, Hannah Craik! This is a chance to use your positive voice in the life of the church!
Mission Quest 2023
Contact Tracy to express interest in being a leader, mentor or participant in our 2023 MissionQuest programs; email@example.com :
- June 19-23 God’s Country Co-op Parish in the Upper Peninsula: Travel with us to explore the beauty of northern Michigan, Lake Superior and the Tahquamenon River, while offering our service to those less fortunate in this impoverished area. We will learn new skills, work as a team, and grow in our faith and relationship with one another! Hope you will consider joining us… OPEN FLIER , GCCP register here!, Read article
- June 28, 2:30 arrival Give 365 Huron River: Back by popular demand, we will gather in AnnArbor for this multi-gen effort to clean up the Huron River! To sign up, just reach out to Tracy with your interest. Friends are welcome too!
- July 16-19 Motown Mission Experience: We travel to Detroit for three nights of lodging and three days of service, helping to erase the blight impacting our neighbors in Detroit. Please join us for this opportunity to connect with God, the greater community, our church family, and ourselves – growing stronger relationships and developing our own resilience for a brighter future… Open MOTOWN FLIER, Motown Registration Here!
- Saturday in the D Multi-gen mission opportunity: Volunteer with our church to be in service in Detroit with partner organizations (Cass Social Svc, Brightmore, Motown, Noah, Rippling Hope, etc)! Social distancing will be practiced. Typical events run from 9am to 2pm, but you can come for just the morning. To express interest or sign up with parent email firstname.lastname@example.org or text/call: 734-718-2183
UMC Internship/Mission Opportunities
1. Global Mission Fellows are young adults, ages 20–30, who are committed to work in social justice ministries for two years. They serve outside of their home communities, either in the United States or overseas. This graduate-level fellowship allows… for more info, visit Global MIssion Fellows
2. MI1 Fellow Program (similar to GMF-US2 but 1year) A one year experience for young adults between 18 and 28 years old designed to be mutually transformative for the young people involved, the communities in which they’ll live, and the organizations they’ll serve with. Learn more and apply here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1sbMIbRjtwvyhCciXD2giRIOmeZY-DdfdCKoWmc9HWxc/viewform?edit_requested=true
3. 2023 Summer Intern Programs: Multiple opportunities in Missions, Camps, Ministry and schools! To learn more, visit https://michiganumc.org/young-adult/young-adult-summer-programs-2022/
4. Young Adult Initiatives, Michigan Conference: Have a “seed” of an idea for missional ministry for your community? Seed to Harvest is a program of the Michigan Conference of the UMC that supports young adult leaders in bringing their ministry ideas to fruition. The program offers support in the form of monthly one-on-one coaching and group support with… VISIT WEB INFO
Other Ongoing ministry events
YOUNG ADULT FAITH JOURNEY (age 18+)
Sometimes, stepping out and trying something new can really allow us to grow…spiritually or in relationship with others, it is all good! Join us on any of the multiple opportunities throughout the year, you are sure to find one that works for you. Friends age 18 and over are invited too! -To sign up for future events, contact Tracy Ortlieb: email@example.com.
MUSIC MINISTRY OPPORTUNITIES
There are lots of opportunities to help with the music ministry of our church! Please contact Annie at firstname.lastname@example.org to get all the details!
Young Adult Small Study Group
Small can be good! If you are interested in spiritual growth via a committed small* study group, this is for you! Contact email@example.com to express interest. We will select dates and times depending on our signups and specific study interests (Bible/Social Justice/Personal growth/etc).
*What will be small about it? – commitments to prepare will be minimal (possible short readings) – group size – duration of study to be limited
Contact Tracy for upcoming study details and sign-ups, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Career Network Ministries Young adults interested can sign up for career assistance – you never know the network your church family might be a able to offer! Sign up by contacting Tracy Ortlieb at email@example.com
CLICK HERE to visit the FUMC church calendar for dates, times and locations of all events!
For Questions, contact Tracy firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for MORE?
UPDATED LINKS: Click on your school below, or Google “Wesley Foundation (+name of your school)”! This might be the place to make some new connections…or to have some fun…or to find some good food🙂
If you can’t find your local chapter on-line, just email email@example.com for help.