MissionQuest 2022 – planning in progress.
Stayed tuned for more information in the beginning of 2022.
For questions or for more current information, contact Tracy Ortlieb at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MissionQuest 2022 – More information will be coming soon! Contact Tracy to express interest in being a leader, mentor or participant in our summer mission programs! Tentative plans include early April Motown Mission, summer includes Howell Nature Center and Great Lakes travel mission!
Prior Summer Mission Trips
2021 – Living Waters
- God’s Country Cooperative Parish – We returned from the Upper Peninsula multi-generational travel MissionQuest trip! Thanks to all who helped make this a possibility and those who participated. Lots of touching moments, sweat, water and laughter made it a trip to remember! Activities included repairs at three homes, delivering food and free appliances to low income families, assisting and sorting in the Church Mouse (local free store), repairs to a local church and the mission center, visiting both upper and lower Tahquamenon Falls, Lake Superior, Whitefish Point and more!
- Huron River 365 GIVE – What a great Canoe and clean-up effort! The FUMC team cleaned 130lbs of trash from the river and shore line (setting a new record for our partners), and connected with nature and each other!
- Motown Mission drop-in days: We had three great days of projects, Detroit connections, relationships, sun, heat, dirt, bugs, rain, and more flooding! They were productive days full of great memories. Big thanks to all who gave their time and talents to make it happen!
2020 (Covid-19 impacted plans):
- Hogar Metodista – Costa Rica: Our international trip and partnership took a change to the plan when Covid-19 impacted the world. Since we had to cancel the trip, we instead supported our partners in Costa Rica by raising funds and sending so that they might still have the monetary support needed to continue their mission.
- Motown Mission: While a week long trip was not possible, Motown was able to create some social distanced safe partner projects for our youth. We spent three drop-in days painting houses, building porch steps, improving and maintaining local gardens and clearing overgrown and debri ridden alleys to improve local safety.
- Howell Nature Center: Partnering with this local refuge, we combined a retreat and service to help us connect with nature and God.
- Greensky Hill Indian Church: A week long travel trip with our partners at Greensky Hill to do much needed work on this historic state site and to help prepare for and implement their annual children’s Heritage Camp.
- Motown Mission: Partnering and lodging for a week with Motown and other Detroit based organizations – working to change the face of blight in our community.