Registration is underway for our 2023 YOUTH MISSION programs!
See below to Sign up NOW – Deadline is May 7
(additional spots may be available post 5/7 at increased price)
We are seeking adult leaders, young adults, and youth! For questions or for more current information, contact Tracy Ortlieb at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MissionQuest 2023 – TRUTH!
Summer 2023 Youth Mission Quest! We have multiple opportunities including two events with lodging and “retreat” style experiences to expand our comfort zones and grow in faith!
- June 19-23 God’s Country Co-op Parish in the Upper Peninsula: Travel with us to explore the beauty of northern Michigan, Lake Superior and the Tahquamenon River, while offering our service to those less fortunate in this impoverished area. We will learn new skills, work as a team, and grow in our faith and relationship with one another! Hope you will consider joining us… OPEN FLIER , GCCP register here!, Read article
- June 28, 2:30 arrival, Give 365 Huron River – Back by popular demand, we gather in AnnArbor for this multi-gen effort to clean up the Huron River!
- July 16-19 Motown Mission Experience: We travel to Detroit for three nights of lodging and three days of service, helping to erase the blight impacting our neighbors in Detroit. Please join us for this opportunity to connect with God, the greater community, our church family, and ourselves – growing stronger relationships and developing our own resilience for a brighter future… Open MOTOWN FLIER, Motown Registration Here!
- Seasonal/Monthly dates TBA Saturday in the D Family mission opportunity (youth with parent or age 18+): Volunteer with our church to be in service in Detroit with partner organizations (Cass Social Svc, Brightmore, Motown, Noah, Rippling Hope, etc)! Social distancing will be practiced. Typical events run from 9am to 2pm, but you can come for just the morning. To express interest or sign up with parent email email@example.com or text/call: 734-718-2183
Prior Summer Mission Trips/Events
Celebrate our Spring Break 2023 Youth Mission Quest!
March 29 and 30, ACT LOCAL! Our team of youth and adults (17 volunteers & the mayor) were able to tackle projects at the church and in the community. We had a great time doing good together:
- Clean up of The Path and storm damage to trees on church property,
- College connect – we sent Easter gift cards to 60 young adults
- Designed and created a Mosaic art installation for The Path
- City of Northville trash and landscape clean up of down town
- Mill Race village trash and landscape clean up
Summer 2022 HOPE
Youth Mission Quest! We had multiple opportunities including two events with lodging and “retreat” style experiences to expand our comfort zones and find our HOPE!
- June 21 Give 365 Huron River – Thanks to all that participated! We cleaned 133.3 lbs of trash out of the Huron River! What a great way to spread HOPE!
- July 15-17 Youth Mission Quest trip to Howell Nature Center : Thanks to all our youth and adults that participated in the Howell Nature Center retreat and mission trip! We had a wonderful time helping to upgrade their Beaver Habitat and the Frog Ponds! We also had loads of fun through games and fellowship, and had opportunities to learn during our Cultural Connnect event at the HNC Global Village! What a great weekend!
- August 3-6 Mission Quest trip to Lake Michigan, Pentwater MI : We had a fabulous time connecting with nature, people, and God! Three projects kept us working hard to help the UMC Camp and Mears State Park where we interacted with people from all around the country! We were able to feed our hope, and recycle it for others too! Thanks to all that participated or supported these efforts to do good!
2022 Spring Break April 1-3: Youth Mission Quest! THANKS to all who helped over break!
- Friday, April 1: Motown Mission Day, What a fabulous day with Motown Mission, Rippling Hope and the Stopel Block Club and community garden! We met and worked with the lovely residents on their new raised beds for the 2022 growing season!
- Saturday, April 2: Eco Projects of repurposing and reclaiming, assisting our fund raisers!
- Sunday, April 3 Servant Sunday – Cinnamon Rolls & Reclaimed wood art fund raising + College Connect & Civic Concern, Thank you to all! We raised about $300 for youth missions, created 50 College Connect cards and had a great morning of putting our HOPE into action!
2021 – Living Waters
- God’s Country Cooperative Parish – We returned from the Upper Peninsula multi-generational travel MissionQuest trip! Thanks to all who helped make this a possibility and those who participated. Lots of touching moments, sweat, water and laughter made it a trip to remember! Activities included repairs at three homes, delivering food and free appliances to low income families, assisting and sorting in the Church Mouse (local free store), repairs to a local church and the mission center, visiting both upper and lower Tahquamenon Falls, Lake Superior, Whitefish Point and more!
- Huron River 365 GIVE – What a great Canoe and clean-up effort! The FUMC team cleaned 130lbs of trash from the river and shore line (setting a new record for our partners), and connected with nature and each other!
- Motown Mission drop-in days: We had three great days of projects, Detroit connections, relationships, sun, heat, dirt, bugs, rain, and more flooding! They were productive days full of great memories. Big thanks to all who gave their time and talents to make it happen!
2020 (Covid-19 impacted plans):
- Hogar Metodista – Costa Rica: Our international trip and partnership took a change to the plan when Covid-19 impacted the world. Since we had to cancel the trip, we instead supported our partners in Costa Rica by raising funds and sending so that they might still have the monetary support needed to continue their mission.
- Motown Mission: While a week long trip was not possible, Motown was able to create some social distanced safe partner projects for our youth. We spent three drop-in days painting houses, building porch steps, improving and maintaining local gardens and clearing overgrown and debri ridden alleys to improve local safety.
- Howell Nature Center: Partnering with this local refuge, we combined a retreat and service to help us connect with nature and God.
- Greensky Hill Indian Church: A week long travel trip with our partners at Greensky Hill to do much needed work on this historic state site and to help prepare for and implement their annual children’s Heritage Camp.
- Motown Mission: Partnering and lodging for a week with Motown and other Detroit based organizations – working to change the face of blight in our community.
2020 YOUTH MISSION TRIP VIDEO
2018 YOUTH MISSION TRIP VIDEO
2017 YOUTH MISSION TRIP VIDEO
2016 YOUTH MISSION TRIP VIDEO – ASP Shake
2016 YOUTH MISSION TRIP VIDEO – MOTOWN MISSION
2015 YOUTH MISSION TRIP VIDEO – ASP