Youth After School Specials
2024 New sessions will be on Wednesdays!
Youth (grades 6-12) are encouraged to sign up for a variety of “life hacks” to promote special skills and interest explorations (see below). A light snack is provided. Sign up for all or just one! Please RSVP below by Sunday or earlier so we know how many students to plan for each session.
Our “Life Hacks” include:
- Academic support: Available EACH SESSION, led by Debbie Prasad Academics: This is designed to meet YOUR needs. In addition to specific school subjects, we can help with:
• Review of your previous exams/quizzes to help you understand what you might have missed (so you do better in the future)
• Building a study schedule for upcoming quizzes/exams (I know—there is SOOO much to do—and so little time to study!!)
• Test taking strategies, test anxiety issues
• Helping you to develop specific strategies related to issues/concerns/problems you may be experiencing related to a particular class, teacher, upcoming assignment, or test
- Life skills/Hobby lessons: Available by date and led by Tracy O. & Elena G. If we don’t finish a project, we can bump it to two weeks, and reschedule other projects:
10/17 Ice Cream (DIY in a bag)
10/24 Pumpkin Art (Jack-O-lantern design)
11/7 Power tool (Sewing Machine – custom bean bags)School closed 11/6-7/23
11/14 Baking, Hospitality, and Painting if time allows.
We take a break for Advent and plan to switch to Wednesdays in January.
- Peer Ministry basic training (4 parts) Likely starting in spring, sign up for training session required, details to come. Training/meeting dates will be selected based on schedules of those that will participate.
If you have any questions, please contact Tracy Ortlieb. We hope to see you on Tuesday!