Quick link to Details of Mission Trip
What is the Midwest Mission Distribution Center?
The mission of the Midwest Mission Distribution Center (www.midwestmissiondc.org) is to compassionately help God’s people in need locally, nationally, and around the world and to offer a center to fulfill the call for service to our neighbors in Christ’s name.
- MMDC is a disaster relief facility on an 8-acre campus, 4 miles south of Springfield, Illinois.
- MMDC offers a “hands-on” mission experience.
- MMDC is a non-profit organization that receives 100% of its funding from private donors.
- MMDC thrives because there is a constant stream of individuals and groups that want to be a part of this ministry and who choose to come and serve.
- MMDC is a ministry related to the Illinois Great Rivers Conference and the North Central Jurisdiction of the United Methodist Church. MMDC is also a cooperating depot in the UMCOR (United Methodist Committee on Relief) Relief-Supply Network.
Quick Slideshow from Danielle Eaton
FUMC Northville Volunteer Trip April 28 – May 3, 2019
Adult Midwest Mission Distribution Center Trip
Chatham (Springfield), Illinois
All abilities welcome.
More Information Later, Below is a General Overview
Contact Chuck Woolley, email@example.com
We will carpool leaving Sunday after church and return Froday. There is work to be done by all ages 11 and up. We will live in an air-conditioned dormitory with a central activity room, sleep in bedrooms with two sets of bunkbeds, and make our own meals in the kitchen. We will work in the morning and afternoon, Monday through Thursday noon, and relax in the evenings.
Work projects will be assigned depending on the needs for the day and a volunteer’s skills and abilities. Volunteers will work in pairs or groups for safety purposes. Volunteers pack kits, sort items, sew school bags, hospital gowns, and quilts. Volunteers will box goods, help with mailings, build crates and desks, repair bicycles and sewing machines, help unload items, fill shipping containers, organize materials, and whatever the needs are at any given time. There are opportunities for those with special skills, trades, and those at peak abilities, as well as opportunities for individuals who may be more limited. No matter what your abilities, there is an important job that needs you!
To sign up, email Chuck Woolley at firstname.lastname@example.org.