We support our community and the American Red Cross by sponsoring four blood drives per year. Every minute of every day, someone needs blood. What a wonderful way to help a neighbor in need! Our blood drives are on Sunday mornings. Appointments are encouraged, however, walk-ins are always welcome. The blood drive is open to the community.
The American Red Cross partnership at FUMC is long-standing. We supply homemade cookies for the donors, a clean and pleasant place to donate, and a friendly atmosphere. There are many heroes among us, as this blood has the potential to save as many as 135 lives! Another benefit is that when you donate, your blood is tested and you may learn of health issues before you are symptomatic. Donors share their heartwarming stories in a caring community. Please go to www.redcrossblood.org to schedule an appointment for our next Blood Drive:
Next FUMC Blood Drives is August 25, 2019
7:00 AM to 1:00 PM (last appointment at 12:45 PM)
Mark Your Calendars for Upcoming Dates!
November 17, 2019
January 26, 2020
The need is constant.
The gratification is instant.
Give Blood. ™
Schedule your donation online through the Red Cross secure website
- Go to RedCrossBlood.org
- Search for a location and date (i.e., Northville, 1/29/2017) – those who will miss our Blood Drive can register for another convenient location using the same website and scheduling process
- Login with your email address* and your password
- If new to the system, Go to the NEW USER box where you will be prompted to enter information into a secure website (make sure you save your username and password for future reference)
- Click on a preferred timeslot
- Select CONFIRM
You will receive email reminders from the Red Cross at your registered email address. *IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE USE A FREQUENTLY USED EMAIL ADDRESS WHEN YOU REGISTER to receive timely reminders and updates.
On the day of the Blood Drive, you may log in to www.RedCrossBlood.org and fill out a RapidPass. Print it out, and bring it with you to avoid having to answer the questions during the Blood Drive. When you are ready for your appointment, bring your Red Cross Donation Card and a photo ID. Drink plenty of fluids (water is best!) before and after your donation. Snack on some iron-rich foods during the week prior to donation. Avoid dehydrating beverages (caffeine and alcohol) the day before and day of donation. Eat a good meal prior to donating! One donation saves three lives. You provide the Gift of Life.
If you cannot donate, but wish to help:
- Bake a batch of cookies (deliver to FUMC kitchen freezer by Saturday prior to Blood Drive Sunday)
- Make reminder calls to donors (we meet in the church office the Monday evening prior to the blood drive from 6:30 – 8:00 PM)
- Welcome our donors (2 hour slots during Blood Drives)
Please contact Sally Ferree at 734-420-1265 or email@example.com to volunteer!