Welcome to the KidsConnect! Check back each week for updates on coming events, info on what we’re learning, and resources for faith formation at home.
This Week’s Events
- Wednesday, November 3rd-
- 6:00-7:30pm-Midweek Recharge: Moses and The Red Sea
- Sunday, November 7th–
- Sunday School:
- Preschool-Jacob and Esau (God blesses all of us.)
- Elementary-The 10 Commandments (God teaches us how to love God and one another.)
- Sunday School:
- Wednesday, November 10th–
- Midweek Recharge: The Red Sea
- Friday, November 12th-
- Fall Themed Movie Night
- Sunday, November 14th–
- Sunday School: Preschool-Joseph and His Brothers, Elementary-The Battle of Jericho
- Wednesday, November 17th–
- Midweek Recharge: Wandering in the Wilderness
- Sunday, November 21st–
- Sunday School: Preschool-Joseph and His Brothers, Elementary-Naomi and Ruth
- Wednesday, November 24th–
- No Midweek Recharge
- Sunday, November 28th–
- Sunday School: Preschool-Giving Thanks, Elementary-David and Goliath
- Wednesday, December 1st–
- Midweek Recharge-Advent and Christmas
- Sunday, December 5th-
- Sunday School: Preschool-The Christmas Story, Elementary-Angels Visit
- Wednesday, December 8th-
- Night of 1000 Blessings (Last Midweek for 2021)
- Sunday, December 12th–
- Sunday School: Preschool -he Christmas Story, No Elementary Sunday School-Family Worship (Advent Song Fest)
- Sunday, December 19th–
- Sunday School: Preschool-Wise Men, Elementary-Jesus is Born
- Friday, December 24th–
- Christmas Eve: Worship Service Times TBD
- Sunday, December 26th–
- No Preschool or Elementary Sunday School-Family Worship
You may notice that you are receiving fewer communications from FUMC ministries. In an effort to streamline communication, there will now only be one weekly all-church email (expected to be sent on Thursdays) with links directly to individual ministries online newsletters and calendars. Any important announcements will be in this weekly email and you can check back here each week for updates specific to children’s ministry.
In addition, the church is also launching a new texting service in which all ministries will come from one central short code number: 22383. When you receive your FUMC Welcome text message, please save this number in your contacts as FUMC for future identification. Each ministry will then begin their text message with a ministry code, like children’s ministry will be CHD-, with the message following the code. This will help you know who is texting you. If you have any problems or questions, please feel free to contact me anytime.
Our generosity challenge for this year, “Count Me IN!” asks for a personal reply to God’s call to be included, to get involved and to be invested in what God is doing. Our children will participate in the generosity challenge too! On November 7th, they will each receive a bank and a “Count Me Too!” activity calendar to be returned on November 21st.
November is a great month to talk to your children about thankfulness. Kids are hearing “thanksgiving” and “giving thanks” all around them which provides a lot of great opportunities to discuss how we should give God thanks for the blessings in our lives. Each week, I’ll share a resource that you can use to help guide those discussions and help children see the many things we can be thankful for each day. The first resource is a thankfulness log that you can use to keep track of what you are thankful for this week. You can have each child fill out an individual log or use it as a family activity. It could be a great discussion starter at the dinner table or before bed each night. Get your thankfulness log here.