Welcome to the KidsConnect! Check back each week for updates on coming events, info on what we’re learning, and resources for faith formation at home.
This Week’s Events
- Wednesday, November 17th–
- Midweek Recharge: Movie Night: The Prince of Egypt (START TIME MOVED TO 5:45 THIS WEEK!)
- Sunday, November 21st–
- Sunday School: Preschool-Joseph and His Brothers (I can forgive my family.)
- Elementary-Naomi and Ruth (Following in faith makes foreigners family.)
- Wednesday, November 24th–
- No Midweek Recharge
- Sunday, November 28th–
- Sunday School: Preschool-Giving Thanks, Elementary-David and Goliath
- Wednesday, December 1st–
- Midweek Recharge-Advent and Christmas
- Sunday, December 5th-
- Sunday School: Preschool-The Christmas Story, Elementary-Angels Visit
- Parent’s Morning Out-See Details Below
- Wednesday, December 8th-
- Night of 1000 Blessings (Last Midweek for 2021)
- Sunday, December 12th–
- Sunday School: Preschool -The Christmas Story, No Elementary Sunday School-Family Worship (Advent Song Fest)
- Sunday, December 19th–
- Sunday School: Preschool-Wise Men, Elementary-Jesus is Born
- Friday, December 24th–
- Christmas Eve: Worship Service Times TBD
- Sunday, December 26th–
- No Preschool or Elementary Sunday School-Family Worship
Parent’s Morning Out
On Sunday, December 5th, our youth will be hosting a Gift of Joy festival to support their missions this summer. During this festival there will be games, a bake sale and Parent’s Morning Out babysitting event. We will be offering babysitting for kids infant-5th grade. Babysitting will run from 11:00-1:00. (or drop your children off for Sunday School at 10:00 to get an extra hour! Children who attend Sunday School and are signed up for babysitting will be brought down by teachers following service). Babysitting will take place in the Fellowship Hall and the Northville First Care classrooms on the lower level. A fee of $15 for one child or $30 for a family includes lunch, festival game tickets, and crafts. All money goes to support Youth Missions. Registration information coming soon! Keep an eye on the KidsConnect page for link to registration form.
We want to hear from you! As we’re planning for our holiday activities and easing back into in person programming, we want to hear from our families to see what would be the most helpful for you. Please fill out this quick survey to let us know your level of comfort returning to in-person programming, as well as how we can best serve you during this time.
Advent-To-Go Devotional Bag/Generosity Challenge
This Sunday, November 21st, return your Generosity Challenge coin bank and pick up your Advent-To-Go bag. Our Advent-To-Go bags contain a set of family devotionals as well as the objects to complete the devotions. If you will not be here on the 21st and you’d like to return your Count Me Too bank or pick up an Advent-To-Go bag, please contact Rachel Lunning.
Night of 1000 Blessings
Join us on December 8, 2021 in the Fellowship Hall from 6:00-7:30 as we show our appreciation to the heroes in our community and our beloved seniors, as well as help our neighbors in need. During our Night of 1000 Blessings event we will create Blessing Bags and cards to bless our community. Come enjoy some fellowship while participating in our holiday outreach ministry. Please help by donating some of the items we will need for the Blessing Bags. Click here to see the donation list. Questions? Email Rachel Lunning.
Giving Thanks Ideas
This week, take some time to read a book or two about gratitude with your children. For some ideas check out this article.