I hope you are all doing well and having so much fun being together as a family!
I wanted to reach out and continue giving Sunday School lessons to the kids that you, as parents can do from home. This is a great opportunity for you to guide your child’s faith. I will occasionally provide practical ideas such as prayers, open-ended questions, movies that you as a family can watch and have response questions to, etc.
This is a time where we all need just a little more Jesus (Great song- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCK1BEJtG9k) and who better to help keep as calm and release our anxiety to!
THIS WEEK’S SUNDAY SCHOOL LESSON – Zacchaeus
The verse we’re working on is: For the Son of Man came to seek out and to save the lost. Luke 19:10. Boy don’t we all feel just a little bit lost right now!
This is the story of Zacchaeus. The story of Zacchaeus is a reminder to all of us that encounters with Jesus change lives and hearts and that the changes show through our actions. This story reminds kids that even when we feel like we’ve messed up badly, Jesus can still change us. This is also our chance to help our kids be the change. There are so many things we can do to be the light out into the world right now. Try doing one or two of these things during the week:
- Many neightborhoods have done “Shamrock Hunts” as people are walking around. Kids, how about making some decorated paper Easter Eggs and putting them in the windows!
- Chalk the Walk-have kids draw all over the sidewalk with happy thoughts people might like to read
- Call on loved ones or video chat!
- Draw a picture for the mailman to thank them for all they do. You know they are busy with all the online purchases you’re making. 😉
- Make dinner for Jesus! Invite someone virtually, choose a menu, share the work, decorate a wonderful table and leave a seat for Jesus-an empty chari at your table to remind you that Jesus is always present whenever people gather together. We certainly need to remember that right now!
- Feel free to email me a picture of you being the light into the world or anything y’all are doing as a family! I’d love to keep connected with all of you.
If you’re not already following the FUMC Facebook page, please do so! https://www.facebook.com/groups/2079283782103425/ It’s a great way for all of us to stay in touch!
My prayer for you:
Thank you, Jesus, for loving everyone. Help us to remember that your love is big and without limitation or exception. Help us to love in the same way. AMEN!
Children & Families Ministry Director
“Our mission is to be a community in which our children and youth can find, experience and share their purpose in life through God’s unconditional love and the teachings of Jesus Christ.” …First United Methodist Church, Northville