Create Your Own Flat Jesus
WHAT IN THE WORLD IS “THE ADVENTURES OF FLAT JESUS?”
“Flat Jesus” was created from the basis of a children’s book called Flat Stanley, (written by Jeff Brown). In the book, a boy named Stanley becomes flattened and is able to be mailed to different places, having all kinds of exciting adventures. We see the “Flat Jesus” project as a way to keep our church family connected during this time of social distancing. Color “Flat Jesus” and take him with you as you travel around your house…or create some scenes for Jesus too! Take a picture of him doing lots of different things: eating dinner with the family, watching a movie, having fun at the beach or the mountains, hanging out with your siblings or whatever you are doing! It will be an amazing adventure! It is a great way to remember that Jesus is always with us, wherever we go, and with whatever we do. And it just might start up a conversation with someone about what you are doing…and why!
HOW TO CREATE YOUR VERY OWN “FLAT JESUS”:
1. Print out the template (on heavy cardstock, if possible) or take a printed “Flat Jesus” from the little Library outside of the church office.
2. Decorate your “Flat Jesus.” Be creative!
3. When you have taken photos of “Flat Jesus,” you can upload your “Flat Jesus” picture by…
1. Emailing it to email@example.com
2. By uploading your picture directly to the FUMC Northville Group Facebook page.
It will be so exciting to see what our church family members are doing during this time. And remember, Jesus is with you ALWAYS!
Download to print: THE ADVENTURES OF FLAT JESUS-Instructions